I had to fix something related to my deejay defrag and I went ahead to MSConfig and switched the to start in Safe Mode, I pressed apply and restart it. I'1000 presented with the following options:

Safe Way

Condom Mode with Networking

Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)

Offset windows normally

asked Sep 29, 2012 at 3:22

user avatar

2

  • Could you add a few more details? What happens when you select each one? Does it just reboot you once again?

    Sep 29, 2012 at 3:43

  • Yes it previously only kept on rebooting the aforementioned way. Now later on I did the repair prepare, it does the chkdsk and later on keeps saying "Setup cannont continue considering of Safe Style. Setup will now restart".

    Sep 29, 2012 at 22:07

one Reply 1

It sounds as though something has go decadent related to your boot files.

Your easiest prepare is to grab a windows xp sp3 install deejay, boot from the CD and do a repair on the system. Make sure yous're not installing a new arrangement, just repairing it.

You tin can obtain an ISO of Windows XP SP3 here: http://world wide web.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25129

answered Sep 29, 2012 at iii:45

user avatar

6

  • I tried to repair the system just it didn't seem to do the play a joke on. I click enter then I click Repair. I've been told in the by to never get straight to the recovery console. Practice y'all recollect I should go to the recovery panel first?

    Sep 29, 2012 at 17:42

  • As long every bit yous don't do a total re-install you won't really lose anything. You lot tin try to apply System restore from the Recovery console (if memory serves me right).

    Sep 29, 2012 at 21:48

  • I tried running the recovery just it keeps going into safe style and says "The Setup cannot run in Prophylactic Mode. Set will restart now". I know exactly how the problem happened, I just really regret click kickoff up in Condom Mode on MS Config.

    Sep 29, 2012 at 21:56

  • You may desire to bank check this tool out then. ubcd4win.com Information technology should let y'all boot into Windows XP (make image from the CD you have, add it to the boot disk) and then kicking with the new CD, repair from at that place.

    Sep 29, 2012 at 22:24

  • What practise you hateful "make prototype from the CD you have", you lot want me to download this onto a flashdrive/CD and then use it as my boot CD?

    Sep 29, 2012 at 22:32

Non the answer yous're looking for? Browse other questions tagged windows-xp or enquire your own question.